FamilySource Center, South West Los Angeles
The program is designed to provide a centralized point of access for families in need of intervention to prevent eviction and homelessness. The Tenant Stability Advisor will conduct assessments, determine eligibility, develop individualized case plans, link families with community-based housing and service resources, and manage financial assistance funds (ie. security deposit, rental assistance) along with case management services in conjunction with community partners.
He/ She will also provide Financial Coaching in order to support clients in their financial stability. The Tenant Stability Advisor will provide resources and training regarding housing and eviction prevention to case managers. He/She will also oversee and support case managers in providing housing resources. This position is in person/on site daily.
Provides case management and financial coaching services in the areas of, but not limited to: independent living skills, housing stabilization, money management, community integration, employment linkage, benefits establishment, linkage to community providers for substance abuse, primary and mental health care, and all other services needed to assist clients in reaching their treatment plan goals
Accompany families to housing appointments, assists families in their housing search, assist with housing documentation
Review the housing intake and assessment for each family accessing services to evaluate housing needs, history and service/support needs. Develop and implement an individual housing plan for each client.
Facilitate access to services required to foster housing readiness (credit repair, legal aid, housekeeping, money management, tenant rights and responsibilities, etc.) as needed.
Provide information and instruction to clients regarding how to complete a housing application, housing search, tenant rights and responsibilities, including: observation of rental agreement rules, and being a good neighbor, especially when needing to relocate from current housing.
Find temporary housing opportunities for eligible participants and identify permanent housing options for program participants
Determine and recommend to supervisor the level and duration of financial assistance for eligible participants
Prepare requests for financial assistance and submit all required documentation to supervisor for approval
Manage and track financial assistance funds
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Social Work or a related field or 4 years of Experience or certification in Financial Coaching
- Experience working with housing and/or homeless population preferred
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Homeless services, case management, mental health (preferred), and permanent supportive housing experience
- Flexible work schedule to include some evenings and/or weekends as needed
- Possesses a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals who present for services with urgent multiple case management and health needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated self- starter with the ability to coordinate multiple projects/ tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure, fast paced environment and work independently
- Bilingual required (Spanish and English)
- Strong ability to effectively resolve and cope with immediate crisis situations
- Effective time management and communication skills, including speaking, listening, and writing in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Proficient use of computers, Microsoft Office and any other database software(s) used to track service delivery
- Knowledge of community resources available in various neighborhoods, particularly those in
SPA 6/South Los Angeles
How to Apply:
Please mail or email resume and information.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com