Position Summary: The Parent Educator will provide supportive in home services to families parenting young children in the areas of breastfeeding, parent-infant attachment, child development and family well-being. The Parent Educator will also identify client strengths, needs, barriers, and risks, and facilitates linkages to community services and resources as needed.
- Provides education to parents on maternal and infant health, breastfeeding, parenting, attachment, home safety, family planning, child development, nutrition and other related topics using a client-centered approach and evidenced based curriculum.
- Identifies client strengths, needs, barriers, and risks; and links families to community services and resources.
- Attends and participates in all staff meetings and bi-monthly individual supervision with Team Supervisor and all required meetings.
- Work collaboratively with team members and parents to coordinate and facilitate monthly group activities for families and families.
- Completes all needed paperwork for each client in a timely, complete, and organized manner, including clear and well written progress notes and data entry.
- Attends community meetings and outreach Conducts outreach activities with partnering programs and the community at large.
Education/ Experience/ Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development, Early Child Education, Social Work, or other related field.
- At least two years of experience in working with young children and/or parents.
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills (outgoing, empathic, non- judgmental, patient, tactful), characteristics considered essential for mastering the program’s five core competency areas (family support and parenting education; child and family development; human diversity within family systems; health, safety and nutrition; and relationships between families and communities).
- Ability to conduct strength based family assessment across a broad spectrum of areas using a validated, standardized tool administered in the prescribed manner.
- Experience working with families from diverse age, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Effective written skills to articulate concepts/ideas in notes and General computer skills including MS Word.
- Effective organization and time management skills and the ability to maintain accurate and complete records in a timely manner.
Bilingual English/Spanish required; must have a reliable automobile for use on the job (mileage to be reimbursed); valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record and proof of insurance; TB clearance, to be renewed every two years.
To Apply: Please mail or email resume and Employment Application
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org