Select Home Visitation
Annual Salary: $32,000
Assists program managers/supervisors or other senior level management in the performance of office duties involving complex, clerical, secretarial, and various administrative work; ensures that office runs smoothly and efficiently. Operates a data processing computer, performs data entry and verification, provides computer generated reports data/report discrepancies.
- Prepares and types a variety of non-routine/complex correspondence, forms, reports and similar items using a personal computer and Microsoft Word software; develops outreach and other promotional materials using desktop publishing types of software.
- Enters, maintains, and updates program and client data with accuracy and completeness.
- Issues computer generated reports on schedule or as otherwise required.
- Copies, logs, sorts, faxes and files documents pertaining primarily to computer operations.
- Works with management and other agencies to resolve data discrepancies and to troubleshoot problems.
- Trains new data entry staff to use computer systems.
- Attends program and agency meetings and trainings as required.
- Ensures office is opened and closed in a timely manner. Follows through with any necessary maintenance to office facilities and equipment.
- Attends to office-related tasks outside of the office such as banking, and other job-related errands.
- Answers telephones in a timely, friendly fashion; screens calls; returns calls as directed with requested information; assists callers as able; takes accurate, complete messages; forwards calls to other staff members as appropriate.
- Supports program client activities on and off site.
- May act as office receptionist, greeting visitors, offering refreshment when appropriate, and informing staff members of visitor’s arrivals; schedules, confirms and cancels appointments for others; maintains a tidy reception area.
- Responds to questions about program services from referral sources; connects prospective clients with appropriate staff member; refers callers to appropriate resources and other community agencies.
- Sets up, maintains and updates program and other routine and non-routine records and lists manually and on the computer; performs data entry to open, transfer, and close cases; runs and distributes reports as required.
- Performs routine clerical duties such as copying, sorting, faxing and filing documents.
- Ensures that supply inventories are maintained at adequate levels and supplies are ordered when low; stock shelves with new supplies; maintains supplies in neat, orderly fashion; may order special items as requested.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing mail.
- Cross trains in other clerical duties and fill in for absent staff or overload work situations as necessary.
- High school diploma or GED, AA or certificate of completion in a secretarial field preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of work experience in closely related position.
- Possession of a car, valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record and proof of insurance.
- Working knowledge of standard office practices, procedures and equipment, office organization skills to ensure smooth running of office.
- Typing speed sufficient to meet minimum production (i.e., 45 wpm).
- Positive, friendly manner to represent El Nido when answering the telephone and acting as receptionist.
- Accurate, basic math skills to calculate and maintain routine numerical records.
- Speed and accuracy on a ten-key to meet minimum production needs.
- Working knowledge of personal computer operation including word processing and data entry, Excel, desk top publishing as required by specific job assignment.
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish), when required by specific work assignment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of program services, child abuse laws.
Please mail or email resume and cover letter.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com